Sunday, February 22, 2009

Baby Bella's Journey

I know news travels fast in the Bond household, but for those who haven't heard, Bella passed away this weekend of an accident.

We went out to the hunting camp this weekend for a weekend of goofing off. As always I took the girls so they could play, exercise, and get as dirty as possible. Bella had a great time chasing animals, eating who knows whatever she found to put in her mouth (probably cow poop), and cuddling up next to her daddy to sleep in the bed (dogs aren't allowed in the bed at the house so I spoil them at camp)!

Saturday afternoon we took a buggy ride and I decided that the dogs could come along. For those who haven't seen the buggy, it is 6 feet off the ground with big ol swamp tires. While we were driving Bella jumped off and rolled under the buggy and got run over. :( She didn't seem to be in any pain and looked to be fine from the outside. The buggy caused internal injurys and she passed away about 5 minutes later.

I took her down to one of my favorite spots and buried her. She has always been dear to me and I cant wait to go hunt in her spot and visit. It will be a typical trip for me... Charles and the dog napping in the woods! :)

I dreamed about her last night. She was up in heaven playing Chuck-It and swimming in the biggest pond she has ever seen. She told me not to worry; there are plenty of walls, leather couches, and table chairs to chew, and there are plenty lotiony legs to lick. She has all of the stuffed animals to destroy she wants and doesn't have to sleep in a cage anymore. She is free.

We love you baby and you will be missed!

Love,
Daddy

PS - She told me she was planning more pranks to pull on her Uncle Adam. Adam... the next thing that breaks in your house think about Bella. She has the master plan and the powers to carry out such pranks now. You should be warry.

4 comments:

  1. Charles and Megan - People always say "that the hard times make you stronger". I guess they do - that's not one of my favorite remarks! It's hard, any way you look at it. Remember the sweetness of Bella's soul; the funny and the good. She'll always have a place in your heart of hearts.

    Love you all. I'm really looking forward to meeting my great niece. See you all in April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam said the same thing! She is much happier in heaven because she can eat whatever she wants in Uncle Adams house!
    I think she already broke our garage door. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for the two of you! Dogs are such a special part of life. For now, look to the future, think of Addison and all of the potential new puppies to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someday read "Dog Heaven" by Cynthia Rylant.

    You have already perfectly described where she is ...God lets puppies sleep in bed with Him too, with big fluffy pillows, lots of covers, and delicious raw hides...don't ya think?

    Much love to you, Charles and Megan.

    ReplyDelete