Thursday, February 26, 2009

34 Week Update-back on Bedrest!

So I had my 34 week Dr. apt Tuesday and much to my doctor's and my surprise we found out that little Addison might want to come a little earlier than we would both like. I should have known something exciting was going to happen because Charles was not at this appointment! After an exam my doctor realized that I am 50% effaced (the lining of the cervix softens, this usually does not happen until stage 1 of actual labor), I am a centimeter dialated (not that big of a deal) and that Addison has dropped deep into the birth canal (usually happens a week or so before going into labor). Also, as some of you might know when you get past about 25 weeks your doctor measures your belly at every visit and the distance corresponds to how many weeks pregnant you are. So at 32 weeks my belly was 32 centimeters....I have been right on schedule thus far...but at this apt my belly was slightly less that 32 centimeters which could just be because she dropped already or it could mean she is not growing as much (having an ultrasound to figure that one out). After the apt. I was sent to Labor & Delivery at the hospital to have a 2 hour non-stress test which monitors to see if I am having contractions. After 2 hours I did not have one contraction but my uterus did get irritable...so that is a good thing. I am however back on bed rest just to prevent her from coming this week. I can return to work on Monday because apparently it is OK if she decided to come after Sunday!

I had an ultrasound today, Charles came with me, and they guesstimate Addison to weigh 5 pounds 2 ounces. Their estimates are give or take 12 ounces! The ultrasound looked great but she is on the small side based on her due date. Her thigh bones are long so the tech said she is probably very long! (takes after her daddy) We could see her little eyes opening and closing and her mouth moving. She was also stretching out her toes and curling them under. It was very neat to see!!! We will not get the full story of the ultrasound until next Wednesday so I will keep you posted as to what the Dr says. Until then, I am back on bed rest trying not to freak out over all the last minute things I still need to get done!!!

2 comments:

  1. I often thought you had an irritable uterus. However, the rest of you seems pleasant enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she can cook a bit longer! glad you are ok.

    ReplyDelete