Monday, March 30, 2009

So Proud of My Parents


Today Charles and I went to Fort Pierce to watch my parents receive the Distinguished Alumni award from Indian River State College. This is a very prestigious award and it was the first time a couple has ever won this award. I was so proud watching mom and dad get this and to hear all of their accomplishments. They both gave wonderful speeches to an audience that was over 300 people! Mom and Dad met each other when it was Indian River Community College in the early 70's and they talked about how their education they received there really set the foundation for a successful future. It was a beautiful award ceremony followed by a delicious lunch and a tour of the campus by the president. I did not realize how beautiful the campus is and how much it has to offer students. It was a great day and it is nice to see your parents recognized for all that they do for the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment