Monday, July 27, 2009

What is that Smell?

Starting on Wednesday last week Charles and I noticed a faint smell in our house. Everyday it kept getting stronger and stronger. Friday we emptied all the garbage cans in the house and the diaper genie to see if it was the garbage. It wasn't. With the smell still in the house and Charles out of town at the hunting camp I went on a mission to find the stench. Charles swore it was a dirty diaper left somewhere in the house. Most moms can agree we don't just change our babies bottoms anywhere...like on the kitchen counter...we typically use the changing table that we paid good money for in the nursery for this kind of thing!!! So I gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought that maybe I left one in my diaper bag from changing Addison while out in public and just maybe Tootsie got a hold of it. I smelled it the strongest when at the kitchen sink so I poured bleach, vinegar and a lemon down the disposal. The smell was STILL there! I started thinking maybe I spilled milk on the counter and it is just sitting somewhere growing funk. But I keep a very clean house and figured that couldn't be it! I started smelling the bottles of soap near the sink and noticed Charles's protein shake container. Oh yes you guessed it! Four day old protein shake was the culprit. My mom was here when I found it and she was going to be the nice mother-in-law and clean it for Charles since I was not going to be the nice wife. I just assumed we would throw anything away that smelled that foul! Well when my mom unscrewed the top low and behold it was full of maggots! YES! Maggots!!! It was absolutely disgusting!!!!
Of course when I told Charles what the smell came from he totally blamed it on me for not washing out his cup quick enough!!!! Men.

1 comment: