Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!


We truly have a lot to be thankful for as we ring in the new year and reflect on last year's events.
This time last year we had just found out we were expecting. My parents happened to be in Jacksonville and we told them New Year's Day 2008. Little did we know that 3 days later our excitement and happiness would end. People always says everything happens for a reason and we are now firm believers of that.
As we look back at 2008 it really was a year of change and chaos for Charles & I. Charles left real estate and joined Blue Medical Supply in January which later moved us to Vero Beach. Charles spent most of February and March out of town for training and I stayed in Jax Beach packing up the house to get ready for our big move. In February Tootsie was involved in a dog fight which led to her getting 19 staples in her neck, which I had to tend to alone without Charles by my side. Charles officially moved to Vero April 1st. I did not move down until May 1st. During the first 4 months of the year we celebrated The Caldwell's wedding in March, The Werner's in April, and The Mickley's in June.
Charles and I decided for our 2nd wedding anniversary we would take a much needed vacation with just the two of us. We went to Long Island, NY and stayed at my Aunt Ronne's beautiful house in Sagaponack. It was the perfect relaxing vacation we needed to re-connect with each other after a whirlwind first half of the year.
Much like Charles's cousin, Erin (check out her blog listed on leftside Snips & Tales & Ross Nicholas Tales), I was very impatient when taking a pregnancy test. I started to notice some changes with myself but I was still 2 days too early to test. Since Charles had supplied me with a box of doctor grade pregnancy tests I figured "Why not take one, when I have 30 more!" I woke up on July 26th and took a test and again like Erin there was a very faint line. I had to angle it just right in the light to see the line. I went back to bed and told Charles that I thought I was pregnant. He looked at me and said, "You have thought you were pregnant every month for the last 6 months!" Discouraged I ran upstairs knowing I had a digital test and took that. My options were "pregnant" or "not pregnant" with no room for ambiguity from a line. "Pregnant" showed up on the digital screen after about 30 seconds. I was so excited I ran downstairs and showed Charles the proof even he could not doubt! We were both overwhelmed with joy praying for this pregnancy to "stick". Since we were living with my parents at the time my poor parents knew the same day we found out and were not allowed to tell anyone until I was a solid 13 weeks pregnant. Talk about torture for a new grandmother...poor mom!
In September we welcomed our new baby cousin, Ross Nicholas Perlick, into the world. And on October 7th we welcomed our handsome first nephew, Caleb Kelley Wright, into the Bond family. Both little boys just melt our hearts.
Did I mention over the summer we had two more pet ER visits, one more for Tootsie and one for Bella? Both involved stitches. They are worse than children!!!
So here we are 27 weeks into our pregnancy and celebrating the first day of 2009. Baby Addison is growing fast and kicking away, even Charles feels her kicking in there. We thank God everyday for this blessing and to please protect her and keep her healthy and safe. We have 13 weeks left until we get to meet our little miracle.
2008 proved to be a hard year but it only made us stronger and closer. 2009 will be another year of change but we look forward to the sleepless nights and piles of dirty diapers and welcome it all with open arms!
Happy New Year and we love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Next New Years will be a whole different ballgame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great entry, Megan! Very eloquent and heartfelt. I guess I will postpone telling you all about my New Year's Eve....waiting for the quasi-adult children to come home safe and sound! The waiting, the worrying, the hoping...it doesn't end. Love, Aunt M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading a blog may not be as good as talking on the phone to keep up, but it sure is the NEXT BEST THING. I'm glad Erin has influenced us all to begin blogging with hers - even if she doesn't realize she did!!!

    ReplyDelete