Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tennessee Trip

All I have to say is the 22 hours round trip in the car was totally worth it and the pictures in the slide show are proof! We all had a wonderful time. I know it means so much to Charles to watch his daughter enjoy the same things/family he did growing up. If it was up to Charles we would pack up and move to TN and live off the land.

Addison just wanted to be outside ALL the time. Must be kid rule number 53...they have no concept of weather or temperature??? She was not phased at all by the snow or frigid temperatures. Once I was pretty much frozen solid I would force her back inside which was never a happy time.

Addison loved being with Mama Jo, Daddy John and Aunt Merc. She got a special treat when Ross came to stay the night. They were adorable together and enjoyed all the fun things kids do at their great grandparent's house...like sprinting down the long hallway while holding hands, sitting in the rocking recliner that spins, hugging out in the snow and of course rocking in their miniature wooden rocking chairs next to each other! Then another special treat was Baby Sarah's visit (it was exciting to see the parents, Charles's cousin Erin and Nick too) :) on Sunday. It gave us a sneak peak to what will come. Charles proved to be a great napper while holding Sarah and Addison was such a big helper with feeding!

I not only enjoyed all the great company but all the wonderful deserts too. Mama Jo baked an amazing chocolate cake (I think I had at least 2 pieces EVERY day we were there) a vanilla cream layer cake and banana pudding...YUM YUM YUM! I think I doubled my pregnancy weight gain in the 5 days we were there....yum yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment