Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy new year

The month of December seemed to fly by for us. We had a wonderful Christmas at home and Addison was truly a joy to watch open gifts. She was slightly overwhelmed by all the gifts but you could see the magic of Christmas in her eye when she saw Santa brought her the one thing she asked him for: a soccer ball! She also loves her new pink kitchen he brought her. She did wake up Christmas morning with a runny nose and a cough (isn't that rule number 36 for children...wake up sick on any special holiday) She was a very helpful elf giving everyone their presents, my family was in town and Dan's family (lives 15 minutes away) came over Christmas morning. She thought it was great handing presents to people and saying "Merry Christmas". It was simply adorable! Addison got two baby dolls and she named both of them Baby Sister! So sweet.

My sister, mom and I went wedding dress shopping for Clare the Wednesday before Christmas. It was so neat to see her try on dresses. She looked stunning in every single one she tried on. I don't know how she will choose! The date has been set for 11-11-11!!!! Yay! So excited to get Dan as my brother-in-law.

Thursday before Christmas we went to check on baby girl2 and she was perfect! She was wide awake and we saw her stick her tongue out and swallow. She is looking more and more like a little person. It is so neat and we can't wait to meet her.

Reva and Aunt Char Char had planned to take Addison to her first real tea party that Wednesday. Addison LOVED everything about it! We all put on hats and sipped our tea (apple juice for Addy) from our porcelain tea cups! It was fabulous. Her cold seemed to be worsening so by Thursday (after two sleepless nights) I decided to take her to cousin Caleb's pediatrician who discovered she had a double ear infection! Poor baby. Seeing this was her first time to ever be on antibiotics she responded rather quickly and after 24 hours she was a new child!

Charles and I attended our friend's Andrew & Lynn's wedding New Year's Eve. Charles was a groomsmen and all our friend's from Jax went to the wedding so it was a super fun evening spending time with all of them. The wedding was BEAUTIFUL! The lack of sleep and still recovering from my original cold that started at the beginning of December caught up with me. By Monday I was sick as a dog. I went to my OB and she discovered I too had a double ear infection! She was rather excited seeing it was the first ear infection she had seen since med school...guess you don't check many ears when you're an OB. I on the other hand am just sick of feeling ill and happy to be on antibiotics to get this cleared up once and for all!

OK this is LOOOONNNGGGG enough! I am sure Charles will complain...posting pictures of our fun month next! Happy Happy Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!!!OMG!!!!Congrats on your pregnancy. I have not been on my blog in months and months. Since I do not work at the office anymore and Charles has moved I had no idea. I am so excited for you guys and Addison. My two girls love having each other. Of course they fight but they also hug and kiss alot. The morning time is the best. when they wake up they are always so happy to see each other. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete