Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sleep Update





Yes the Watermelon is BIGGER than Addy!





I have not wanted to write about how wonderful Addison has been sleeping in fear of jinxing it! Last night was the first night since her immunizations that Addison went to bed at 9pm and woke up once at 2:30 and not again until 8am!!! One would think that mommy got lots of sleep but instead I stared at the monitor convinced she would wake up any minute so I didn't want to fall asleep just to be woken up in a few minutes. Then I got so excited with every passing minute that she stayed asleep I couldn't fall back asleep! I know I am crazy. Now that I know she is capable of sleeping for 5-6 hours at a time (which is considered sleeping through the night for infants) I will be sleeping every second she is.
She also is starting to hold toys and tries to hold her bottle (when she gets one which is not often)...only for a few seconds but it is still a milestone. Another new and exciting development that I was not prepared for this early is the DROOL! HOLY DROOL! You would think her teeth are about to sprout out any second but obviously that is a few months away. I swear if you hold Addison for more than a minute your shirt is soaked with her drool...yummy....it really is cute but not when you are out in public. I guess it is time to start wearing shirts with patterns to hide the drool a little better than a solid color shirt does. I will say though Addison does enjoy blowing huge bubbles with her drool...it really is cute. She smiles more and more everyday and Charles and I fight over who gets to hold her first in the morning because she is just so darn cute!

2 comments:

  1. glad she is doing so good. you know the drool could be the start of teeth. caleb teethed for months before we ever saw one! can't wait to see her next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the teething thing! Ugh!!!!

    She's too sweet-sweet-sweet to be compared to a watermelon. Boy, it is bigger though! I can't imagine holding a petite baby after The Boss.

    ReplyDelete