Monday, May 11, 2009

1st Road Trip to Jax!




OK OK So it has been awhile since I updated the blog! I am sorry, I have this new thing called being a MOTHER that takes up quite a bit of time! :)


Anywho, the May 1st we went to Jacksonville. Our first road trip with Addison! Lets just say the drive up was the LONGEST 3 hours. Addy cried most of the way there even though I was sitting next to her. The ride home however, she slept the entire 3 hours!
Charles & I left Addy for our first date night Friday May 1st. We went over to Andrew & Lynn's for dinner and then the 4 of us went to the Taylor Swift concert. Reality sunk in as Charles and I watched thousands of tween girls running around screaming for Taylor Swift that we are actually parents of a daughter!!!! Then we just kind of sat there in shock as it hit us that one day we will have the argument with our precious perfect daughter about what she is NOT allowed to wear!!!! I must say there were more 13 year old girls dressed sexier than I ever dressed on a night out on the town. Charles contemplated asking these girls if their father knew what they were wearing but decided not to. Oh the challenges that lie ahead!
Addison got to stay with Grandmommy and Pa. It was nice to finally have some "us" time but we ended up leaving the concert early because we missed our angel and we were the oldest people at the concert by about 10 years (at least).
We had a great weekend and it was awesome for me to get out of our house. As usual we had lots of great food and it was nice to be back in Jax Beach with the Bond Family!

1 comment:

  1. Crying for a 3 hour drive...brings back some memories with Ross-a-roo. :)

    ReplyDelete