Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hello Double Digits!

Addison had her two month check up today and she now weighs 10lbs 2 ounces and is 22.5 inches long! She is also starting to wear 0-3 month clothes instead of just newborn. This is very exciting seeing that she has a lot to choose from in the 0-3 month section of her wardrobe. The doctor said she is perfect and she did really well with her first immunizations (I am pretty sure it was harder on me than her). She screamed while the shots went in and then the second Daddy picked her up she was happy again. She has been extremely fussy and needy all day but that is to be expected after the morning she had!

I was sad to hear that the doctor did not offer any miracle cure to Addison's terrible sleeping habits. She is still going to sleep in the crib but once midnight rolls around she wants nothing to do with it. She will go back to sleep for an hour maybe two (I said maybe) then she is up again. Really she is not even asleep for that full time because she will lay there wide awake for about 30 minutes before she falls asleep..then she is up wailing again. I decided last night I would do all her feedings from a bottle to see if she was truly hungry when she woke up to eliminate the thought of a growth spurt (a reasonable thought). Well she ate a full meal at midnight but when she woke up at 1:45...no such luck. Then she woke up again at 3am and ate almost a full meal but not quite and then woke up at 5:20 and ate a little. Then she slept until 8am when daddy woke her up to get ready for her doctor's apt. I guess those two nights I had of her only waking up twice are long gone...at least for now. I just hope she is not turning into the nighttime snacker. During the day she does great only eating every 3-3.5 hours but when that sun goes down she just wants to be attached to me...weird I know. Lucky ME!

5 comments:

  1. Hey. I am one of Erin's friends, and I wanted to share what my doctor told me about getting Jack to sleep through the night. Offer Addison food more frequently during the day, try every 2 1/2 hours. If she gets her calories during the day, she won't need as many during the night. It worked like a charm for Jack. He started sleeping through the night at about 2 1/2 months. I will admit that I may just be blessed with a baby who loves to sleep though! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was going to mention the same thing as Elle, i have heard that can help.
    wonderful though that she is gaining weight and doing so wonderfully.
    call you soon to talk more. miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me start by saying...I thought I had great advice to offer about sleeping babies...for the first 3-4 months. You do not want sleep advice from me now. Ross stands up in his crib a million times a night and either wails until we come lay him down, or until he falls down. Ugh! No one prepared me for how hard sleepless can be - even 9 months later.

    I do have to say..."tanking" Ross up during the day seemed to help as well at the young infant stage, now that I think about it. Good Luck Megan! You are doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an insomniac as a child! ha! We swaddled her last night and she seemed to do great. Hopefully she will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My advice is to have her father get up with her.

    ReplyDelete