Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Visiting Addison's Great's!






Charles, Addison, Tootsie and I set off on an 11 hour road trip to Tennessee to visit Charles's grandparents...Addison's Great Grandparents! The road trip up was not wonderful but the weekend made up for that. Addison loved being with Mama Jo, Daddy John, Cousin Richard and Aunt Merc. Their house is located on one of the prettiest pieces of property I have ever been to. Their back yard butts up to a beautiful lake and there are trees and flowers everywhere. Charles spent every summer as a young boy in TN and he has the most wonderful memories from there...we want the same for Addison but I don't think I can give her up for the whole summer! :)

I just can't even explain how much fun Addison had up there. She felt right at home. Went right to bed and slept great all night every night. She didn't nap very well Saturday but I think that was because she had too many things to explore...there was no time for sleep. Aunt Merc has a new puppy, Beau, a handsome yellow lab who adored Addison and she loved him too. Tootsie on the other hand had NO patience for Beau's puppy behavior. She was much too busy hunting chipmunks and squirls!

We left TN Sunday morning in hopes to miss the Memorial Day traffic and have Monday to get back on track. Addison did great the car ride home! We bought a DVD player and got a holder in TN for it. She watched two Blue's Clues slept a few hours and only cried about an hour out of the 11 hour drive! When we stopped for lunch she ate two whole chicken nuggets...drenched in ranch of course! That is Addison's new favorite thing, dipping everything in ranch! Hey, if it gets her to eat meat so be it! She can have a bottle of ranch!!! :)

Anyway it was a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Hope everyone else had a great time!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I hate that we missed out on this visit. :-(

    From the sounds of it (from you all AND the TN crew) the trip was a huge hit. I really think you made Mama Jo and Daddy John's weekend so special. And my mom can't stop talking about how cute, sweet, and fun Addison is.

    I know the drive is far from easy, especially with a toddler...but I hope you guys will come up again soon. I promise that we'll plan around you this time. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete