Friday, June 25, 2010

Finally Some GOOD News!

OK so I have been home all week going stir crazy thinking about these genetic test results. I finally called the office yesterday afternoon to see if any results had come in. The nurse told me two were in but the Dr was not in to review them so she could not tell me the results. Naturally I spent the entire night researching what the diseases were (Fanconi and ALPS) and I concluded somewhere around 3am we would be living a nightmare if these tests came back positive. The Fanconi in particular is a very scarey and nasty disease that is not easily treated. The nurse told me she would call me today before 11am. Well after spending my entire night and now morning feeling sick to my stomach with worry I finally called back at 11:25 asking for results. She said the Dr was reviewing them now and she would call me in 5minutes. Well she did and she told me that both the Alps and more importantly Fanconi came back NEGATIVE!!!! WOHOOOOOooooooooooooo! What a huge relief! I guess there are two parts to the Alps test and one came back negative and we are still waiting for the other part. I believe this is the last test we are waiting on but I will confirm that Monday at our next apt. My understanding is that once all results are back we will be able to move forward with treatment. That is what I think we are all waiting for so we can actually start fighting this thing off and get back to living! Poor Addison and Mommy are going stir crazy being on house arrest....but I would never take any chances with my little doll baby. Better safe than sorry.

Enjoy the new pictures. Out of all of my shoes to choose from Addison chose my crocs. Really?! Must get her taste from her Daddy! :) JK Oh and the insurance company totaled the car! Clare and Dan were in town Father's Day weekend so that Charles and I could go out and see a movie. Dan's family was sweet enough to sterilize their house so that we could come over and enjoy their Father's Day brunch with them. It was a very nice day and Addison and Daddy enjoyed leaving the house and being around new company.

We are not on the other side of the hurdle yet but at least we are starting to see just how big the hurdle will be. We still need and appreciate every one's prayers for Addison to respond to treatment and have a speedy recovery. She is such a special little girl and we know she is loved by so many. Thank you all!

1 comment:

  1. Such great news. like you said hopefully treatment can start soon so all this can be over! love you all.

    ReplyDelete