Monday, May 2, 2011

Newborn Demands







It's amazing how fast you forget how demanding caring for a new little life can be...throw a two year old toddler on top of that and you officially have a full day!

One thing I needed to be reminded of was to never put the outfit I actually want Ansley to wear for the day on first because 9 times out of 10 she will have a diaper explosion and I will just have to change her outfit....so we put option 1 on second!

While in the hospital we had to supplement with formula a bit because my colostrum was not enough to satisfy Miss Ansley before my milk came in. This was hard on me but Charles and I had decided in advance we didn't want starvation to be the culprit of a crying baby when there are plenty of ways to prevent it. Ansley really only cries if hungry or if she is passing gas..so far so good! Yesterday was my first day not having to supplement at all!!! YAY!!! She was only getting about 2 ounces of formula and we will still give it to her if I have not been able to pump a bottle (Pumping is absolutely dreadful and it takes me forever to get even a 2 ounce bottle pumped). However, I completely forgot how demanding breast feeding is. I literally feed Ansley every hour and a half. Needless to say Ansley is plumping up quite nicely and we are eager to see how much weight she has gained at her Wed dr apt! We will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourselves. Formula is not poison. My two have thrived quite nicely thanks to Enfamil and Similac. The most important part is a happy mom and dad. Believing and living that has made ALL the difference for me the second go-round.

    ReplyDelete