Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Half Year Birthday!

Addison is officially 6 months old! Can you believe it?! We can't! Addison has been making great improvements lately in the sleeping department. I am scared to jinx myself by telling you about them. We have been implementing the Ferber method to get Addison to sleep better. She had been waking up five and six times a night and it got to be too much for me, I physically could not get out of bed anymore. After three straight weeks of 4 hours of sleep a night Charles and I decided we had to teach our baby girl how to sleep on her own without my help. Looking back I think I was the one not ready, not necessarily Addison. It was a hard few weeks but I am happy to say that now we put Addison to bed fully awake and she does not cry at all and falls asleep on her own happy as a clam! She still wakes briefly once or twice in the middle of the night and Charles goes to her to reassure her and she falls back asleep! She is sleeping on average 8-9 hours straight which is honestly better than winning the lottery!!! Well....maybe not better but it is very exciting that after 6 months of no sleep I am finally starting to feel rested!

We went to Addison's 6 month check up on Wednesday and she weighs 16 pounds 2 ounces and is 26.5 inchese long! Our doctor was amazed at how strong Addison is with her pulling herself up, rolling over and sitting up. She was NOT happy about her shots and she did run a low grade fever from them. We opted to hold off on her flu shot until next week but she will definietly be getting one as will I.

It is so fun to play with Addison now that she interacts so much. She is so focused and intense with everything she does. She is determined to learn and loves being challenged. She is starting to figure out that her walker allows her to move around on her own. Tonight we were playing with her music station that is also a push behind toy on wheels. She has not shown any interest in standing or pulling herself up but tonight she discovered the bright orange handle on it and just pulled herslef up and stood behind it! I told Charles it will only be a couple of weeks before she is actually walking behind it! It truly is amazing how each day brings such huge milestones for babies and we love watching Addison achieve new ones everyday! I think we get more excited that she does!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment